The Construction of the First 8 Stations from the Third Metro Line of Sofia Will Be Completed the Next Month
The construction of the first 8 stations from the third metro line of Sofia will be completed in December, the director of Metropoliten Stoyan Bratoev announced, Trud bg writes. The 8 km route starts from Vladimir Vazov Blvd and will pass through Eagle Bridge, National Palace of Culture and Bulgaria Blvd, reaching Krasno Selo. The stations will be commissioned in the next few months.
"We are at the final stage, there is still a little bit left. By the end of the year, the tests may not be able to finish, but we have to finish construction in December," Bratoev said. The municipality purchased 20 of the vehicles for the line, and subsequently ordered 10 more. The modern trains can be operated without a driver, but this option won't be used.
"In 2020, Sofia will have a 52 km subway that will serve 500,000 passengers a day." Mayor Yordanka Fandakova said.
- » Who are The 62nd Annual Grammy Awards Winners?
- » 1292 Schools throughout Bulgaria are Empty due to the Flu
- » The Sale of Monthly Vignettes for Heavy Goods Vehicles over 3.5 Tonnes will be Suspended as of 1 March 2020
- » New Strong Earthquake Registered in Turkey
- » See How You Can Track Where the Coronavirus Spreads in Real Time
- » Bulgarian Posts to Launch a Special Post Stamp Dedicated to the Year of the Metal Rat