6.3 Magnitude Earthquake Struck Mexico
Strong earthquake was felt across the Mexican state of Chiapas and parts of Guatemala, Reuters and BGNES reported. The 6.3 magnitude earthquake and was recorded below the seabed at 22:27 local time (06:27 Bulgarian time), according to the European Mediterranean Seismological Center.
The quake was at a depth of 60 kilometers, with an epicentre about 90 kilometers off the coast of Mexico.
About 280 kilometers east of the epicentre is the capital of Guatemala - Guatemala City.
No casualties and devastation have been reported so far. There is no tsunami threat announcement either.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Up to 110 Shooting Stars per Hour in Bulgaria Between August 11th and 13th
- » Two Beluga Whales Have Been Moved to an Open Water Sanctuary After Almost 10 Years Away From the Sea
- » 3.4-Magnitute Earthquake in Vrancea, Romania
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm
- » For the First Time in Four Years Endangered Tigers Have Been Spotted in Thailand
- » Germany Drawns Up Interesting Measures to Protect Insects