The Warm Weather Postponed the Flu by a Month
This autumn the temperatures in Sofia won’t fall below 0. This happens once every 20 years, climate scientist Prof. Georgi Rachev told BNT.
"September, October, November were not only warmer but also the temperatures won’t fall below 0," adding that: "We postponed the flu by one month because of the warm and dry weather."
According to him, temperatures in the Balkans are 5 to 7 degrees Celsius warmer in November, which is "much for the Balkans and for Eastern Europe".
Usually warm weather mixes with air pollution but these are two big different topics and are used for economic and political purposes, Prof. Rachev emphasized.
- » 1292 Schools throughout Bulgaria are Empty due to the Flu
- » See How You Can Track Where the Coronavirus Spreads in Real Time
- » Fourth Bulgarian is Located in the Heart of the Coronavirus Epidemic - Wuhan
- » BNR: Flu Epidemic Declared in One-Third of Bulgaria
- » Over 1000 Bulgarian Women Bulgaria Suffer Diagnosed with Cervical Cancer Annually
- » Flu Epidemic throughout Bulgaria