Alaska Set a Record High Temperature and a Record Amount of Snowfall in the Same Day
Alaska's largest city has set an absurd, at first glance, record, NOVA reports.
Alaskans have experienced both a record high temperature and a record amount of snowfall in the same day, AP reported.
A temperature of 7.2 degrees, or the highest in mid-November since 1967, was reported on Saturday. Typically, temperatures in mid-November are around 0 C.
Just a few hours later, the same experts, at the same place, measured more than 20 cm of snow cover. Snow levels at the weather service’s office broke the 1958 record.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Max Temperatures Between 25° and 30°C
- » Five Climbers Die in Elbrus, Europe's Highest Peak in Russian Caucasus
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny Today with Maximum Temperatures 21°-26°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy and Little Sun Today
- » Unprecedentedly Powerful Earhquake Rocks Australia, Causes Damages in Melbourne
- » Air Pollution Kills 14,000 Bulgarians Every Year