The Supreme Judicial Council Re-Elected Ivan Geshev as Prosecutor General of the Republic of Bulgaria
With 20 votes in favour and 4 against, the Plenum of the Supreme Judicial Council (SJC) re-elected Ivan Geshev as Prosecutor General of the Republic of Bulgaria, after President Rumen Radev rejected his candidacy on 7 November.
Initially, a member of the SJC Judges’College, Atanaska Disheva, proposed that the procedure be terminated but by 20 to 4 votes the magistrates decided to continue the current election procedure. Thus, Ivan Stoimenov Geshev remained the only candidate for the post and his candidacy was re-voted.
After the high-level magistrates re-elected Ivan Geshev, the head of state is now obliged to approve his appointment. However, the law does not provide for a deadline for Radev to issue a decree. Another possibility is the matter to be referred to the Constitutional Court.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » LIVE: Health Minister Ananiev: The Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria is Extended
- » Croatia's Ruling Party Wins Parliamentary Elections
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Serbia Declares a State of Emergency in Belgrade
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov and the Minister of Defense Attended the Celebration of the Plovdiv Garrison