Record: Bulgarians Abroad Have Sent over 1 Billion in the Country
Bulgarians abroad broke the record by the amount of money they sent to their homeland.
For the first time in history, just over a billion and 100 million euros is the money which migrants transferred to Bulgarian accounts, NOVA reported.
According to statistics, about 80% of the money comes from EU countries. The exact amount is EUR 833 million.
The remaining just over 340 million were sent by Bulgarians living or working in third countries.
Eurostat data also show that Bulgaria ranks fifth in the budget received from expatriates.
Portugal ranks first with just over € 3 billion, followed by Romania, Poland and Croatia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » PM Borisov: Bulgarian Development Bank Management to be Dismissed
- » France is Expecting its Worst Recession Since World War II
- » European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen Calls for 'Marshall Plan' for Europe
- » Commercial Banks in Bulgaria Have 5 Days to Decide on Payment Moratoria
- » Bulgaria’s Government Proposes Budget Update, Increase in Debt Ceiling
- » World Bank: The Poor Countries Will Take the Hardest Hit