Most of China's New Billionaires for 2018 Are from the Technology Sector
Technology entrepreneurs in China are taking advantage of the digital economy boom in the country, amassing a huge fortune in 2018, according to a report.
21% of the 56 new Chinese billionaires for 2018 came from the technology sector, while only 7% came from the real estate industry, an industry that traditionally creates the richest Chinese entrepreneurs.
"As the digital economy's impact on traditional businesses grow, technology entrepreneurs are replacing traditional giants such as manufacturing and the real estate sector," said a spokesman for consulting firm PwC China.
The report includes entrepreneurs whose worth is over $ 1 billion.
China manages to maintain its second position in the world by the number of billionaires. In 2018, 325 billionaires were registered in the country with a total net worth of $ 982.4 billion.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Trump Bans Tik Tok App, Stocking Tension with Beijing
- » Bulgarian Company is the Owner of the Ship That Carried the Ammonium Nitrate Responsble for the Explosion in Beirut
- » France: 16 Coronavirus High-Risk Countries with a Compulsary Testing on Arrival
- » Donald Trump Suggests Delay to 2020 US Election, Republicans: You Can't Delay It
- » Britain Tightens Measures Against COVID-19
- » European Commission Signs Contract with Gilead to Secure EU Access to Remdesivir