More than 300 Refugees and Migrants Have Been Transferred from the Island of Lesbos to Athens
A passenger ferry from Lesbos Island to the Piraeus port of Athens arrived in the early morning with 367 refugees and migrants, who will then be deployed by bus to reception centres across Greece, MIA reported.
Another 20 refugees and migrants are expected to arrive from Kos Island.
The relocation of asylum seekers from the Greek islands is part of the Greek government's policy to address the problem of overcrowding at reception centres on their territory.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The EC welcomes the Dialogue between the Prime Ministers of Bulgaria and North Macedonia
- » Austria Introduces Compulsory Vaccination
- » Roberta Metsola Elected as President of the EP on her Birthday
- » From 1 February: Green certificates over 9 months become invalid for travel in Europe
- » Germany with new rules for people arriving from Bulgaria
- » The Austrian government has presented a bill on mandatory vaccination against COVID-19