More than 300 Refugees and Migrants Have Been Transferred from the Island of Lesbos to Athens
A passenger ferry from Lesbos Island to the Piraeus port of Athens arrived in the early morning with 367 refugees and migrants, who will then be deployed by bus to reception centres across Greece, MIA reported.
Another 20 refugees and migrants are expected to arrive from Kos Island.
The relocation of asylum seekers from the Greek islands is part of the Greek government's policy to address the problem of overcrowding at reception centres on their territory.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The EC Allocates €3.8 Billion to the Western Balkans and the EU's Eastern and Southern Neighbors
- » WHO: Now is not the Time for Europe to Relax Measures
- » A Large-Scale Fraud with the Order of 10 Million Masks in Germany
- » EU Council Adopts Changes to Mobility Package
- » Austria Expected to Ease Quarantine Measures Next Week
- » COVID-19 in Germany - The Spread of the Virus Seems to Slow Down