More than 300 Refugees and Migrants Have Been Transferred from the Island of Lesbos to Athens
A passenger ferry from Lesbos Island to the Piraeus port of Athens arrived in the early morning with 367 refugees and migrants, who will then be deployed by bus to reception centres across Greece, MIA reported.
Another 20 refugees and migrants are expected to arrive from Kos Island.
The relocation of asylum seekers from the Greek islands is part of the Greek government's policy to address the problem of overcrowding at reception centres on their territory.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » European Parliament Proposed New Sanctions against Lukashenko’s Regime
- » EU Requires from Bulgaria to Improve Industrial Pollution Regulations and Taxation
- » France Prepares to Make French Main EU Language
- » EU Parliament Will Send Mission to Bulgaria after US "Magnitsky" Sanctions
- » European Parliament Prepares for Its First Post-pandemic Session in France
- » EU Council Imposes Sanctions on Belarus after ‘state-organised hijacking’ of Plane