More than 300 Refugees and Migrants Have Been Transferred from the Island of Lesbos to Athens
A passenger ferry from Lesbos Island to the Piraeus port of Athens arrived in the early morning with 367 refugees and migrants, who will then be deployed by bus to reception centres across Greece, MIA reported.
Another 20 refugees and migrants are expected to arrive from Kos Island.
The relocation of asylum seekers from the Greek islands is part of the Greek government's policy to address the problem of overcrowding at reception centres on their territory.
- » Croatia Has Lost Half a Million Workers in Ten Years
- » Brexit: MEPs are Concerned about Citizens' Rights
- » Greece with a New Ministry of Migration and Asylum
- » Population in Greece - 10.7 Million People
- » Cyprus Coastguard Detained a Boat with 101 Syrian Citizens
- » Latvia’s Former Permanent Representative to the European Union Named Secretary-General of the European Commission