More than 300 Refugees and Migrants Have Been Transferred from the Island of Lesbos to Athens
A passenger ferry from Lesbos Island to the Piraeus port of Athens arrived in the early morning with 367 refugees and migrants, who will then be deployed by bus to reception centres across Greece, MIA reported.
Another 20 refugees and migrants are expected to arrive from Kos Island.
The relocation of asylum seekers from the Greek islands is part of the Greek government's policy to address the problem of overcrowding at reception centres on their territory.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The European Commission is Skeptical about the Schengen Compensation requested by Romania
- » On Sunday the Istanbul Convention becomes binding in the EU
- » Sweden seeks Military Help against Gang Violence
- » The EU guarantees the Stay of Ukrainian Refugees until March 2025
- » The European Commission announced Five Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria
- » The Recession in Germany will be Deeper than Expected