Bulgaria Becomes Part of the Common European Electricity Market
Bulgaria joins the common European electricity market, the Electricity System Operator announced. Together with Croatia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania and Slovenia, Bulgaria will now be involved in unifying the electricity markets.
So far, there were 14 European countries involved in the union.
The first deliveries are planned for November 20 this year.
An integrated market will increase competition and make more efficient use of electricity generation resources in Europe.
- » BNR: US Energy Experts Visit Bulgaria’s Energy Enterprises
- » Kozloduy NPP Will Be Supplied with Nuclear Fuel by 2025
- » The European Commission Approved nearly 94 Million Euros for a New Power Plant in Bulgaria
- » Herro Mustafa: The US Will Send Energy Experts to Bulgaria
- » Energy Expert: These 11 km from Balkan Stream are Extremely Important for Bulgaria
- » The Construction of the Balkan Stream Gas Pipeline Through Bulgaria Has Started (Video)