Bulgarian Movie Won the Best Picture Award at the Cottbus Film Festival in Germany
The Bulgarian film Sister won the grand prize at the Cottbus Film Festival in Germany. "Director Svetla Tsotsorkova paints a visually impressive, conflict-filled family portrait," the international jury's commented. The movie won the Best Picture Award. The award is accompanied by a € 25,000 prize pool.
The festival has awarded prizes amounting around € 75,000.
30 years after the fall of the Iron Curtain, it reflects socially, historically and personally "the unusual viewpoints that Eastern European cinema tells its stories," program director Bernd Buder explained of film selection.
22,000 visitors attended the program events this year. More than 200 films were screened.
- » Bulgarians Have Received an European Award for Development in the Film Industry
- » A Turkish Court Ruling Could Turn Saint Sofia into a Mosque
- » Bulgaria Celebrates the Day of the Bulgarian National Revival Leaders
- » A Monument of Pencho Slaveikov Was Opened in Milan
- » Exhibition Commemorating the 500th Anniversary of Leonardo da Vinci is Open in the Louvre
- » Georgi Gospodinov Won One of the Largest European Literature Awards