Michael Bloomberg to Run for President of the United States
Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg is preparing to enter the presidential race to become the Democratic candidate in the 2020 presidential election, US media reported.
On Friday, Bloomberg filed paperwork to qualify for the presidential primary in Alabama, which has the earliest deadline of any state. He has still not announced his candidacy, Vox reported.
This move is the first clear sign that Bloomberg, long considered a possible candidate for US president, is preparing to stand against President Donald Trump.
Bloomberg, one of the richest people in the United States, has moved between the Republican and Democratic parties over the years and was also an independent mayor. He is seen as a centrist figure close to Wall Street who views Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders, two of the leading Democratic candidates, as far-left.
His entry into the race would scatter an already crowded field of candidates, with 17 candidates currently vying for the right to stand against Trump as a Democratic nominee.
- » US and France Agreed to Extend the Negotiations on the Digital Tax
- » President Putin Submitted a Package of Constitutional Amendments to Parliament
- » Tehran Won't Withdraw from the 2015 Nuclear Deal?
- » Berlin Summit: The World Leaders Reached an Agreement on Libya
- » The British Government is Considering Moving the House of Lords Outside London
- » Jordan's Parliament Passed a Bill Banning Gas Imports from Israel