Bisser Petkov: Elderly People Are Increasingly Becoming a Valuable Asset on the Bulgarian Labour market
Elderly people are increasingly becoming a valuable asset on the labour market, said Minister of Labour and Social Policy Bisser Petkov in parliament today, BNR reported.
According to National Social Security Institute data, at the end of 2018 there were over 197,000 pensioners receiving retirement pensions who continue to work and pay social security contributions, Minister Petkov said. The increase in the employment rate among elderly persons has been a consistent trend since 2012.
According to the National Statistical Institute the employment rate among people aged 55 to 64 has gone up by 15 percent – from 45.7 percent in 2012 to 60.7 percent in 2018.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 663 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: An Accident with 3 Deaths closed a Section of the Ruse - Veliko Tarnovo Road
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1566 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » How to keep our Medics in Bulgaria? Young Female Doctor Beaten Up by Parents of a Patient
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1496 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgarian Prof.: Protection is Insufficient from a Vaccine Administered more than 10 Months ago and from an Infection 1 Year ago