Bisser Petkov: Elderly People Are Increasingly Becoming a Valuable Asset on the Bulgarian Labour market
Elderly people are increasingly becoming a valuable asset on the labour market, said Minister of Labour and Social Policy Bisser Petkov in parliament today, BNR reported.
According to National Social Security Institute data, at the end of 2018 there were over 197,000 pensioners receiving retirement pensions who continue to work and pay social security contributions, Minister Petkov said. The increase in the employment rate among elderly persons has been a consistent trend since 2012.
According to the National Statistical Institute the employment rate among people aged 55 to 64 has gone up by 15 percent – from 45.7 percent in 2012 to 60.7 percent in 2018.
- » Toll Charges for Heavy Goods Vehicles will be from 3 to 7 Stotinki per km
- » February 19 – Day of Commemoration for Vasil Levski
- » EC: Robots can be Used to Create Fake News
- » The Government has Allocated BGN Half a Million to Bulgarian Communities Abroad
- » Bulgaria - The 45th Suitable Country for Raising a Child
- » Weather Forecast: Mostly Cloudy with no Rain