At Least Five Killed in an Earthquake in Iran, Many Are Injured
At least three people were killed and 20 were injured in the earthquake that struck northeastern Iran today, AFP and TASS reported. CNN has reported five casualties.
The 5.8-magnitude earthquake was reported in the province of East Azerbaijan, in the northwestern part of the country. The epicentre was 118 km west of the city of Tabriz, which has a population of 1.4 million people.
According to the Euro-Mediterranean Seismological Center, about 20 million people live in the area affected by the earthquake.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 30 People Evacuated After a Fire in the Train Sofia-Bourgas
- » Bulgarian 19-Year-Old Boy Died After a Dangerous Selfie
- » Bulgaria: Lorry Crashed Into a House, One Man Killed
- » Incident: Two Workers Fell from a Construction Site in Kremikovtzi, Died on the Way to Hospital
- » Bulgaria: Big Fire in Svishtov Chemical Plant "Svilosa"
- » Bulgaria: Passenger Train Hits Rocks When Exiting a Tunnel