Official: All 39 People who Were Found Dead in a Truck in Essex Are Identified
British police confirmed that they have identified the bodies of all 39 people who were found dead in a truck in Essex and have notified their families, Reuters reported.
"This is an important step in the investigation and enables us to work with our Vietnamese police colleagues to support the families of those victims." a senior officer in charge of the inquiry said.
All the victims - 31 men and 8 women - are Vietnamese, according to Essex police, cited by France Press.
The United Kingdom has charged the driver of the refrigerator truck where the bodies were found with 39 counts of manslaughter, conspiracy to traffic people, conspiracy to assist unlawful immigration and money laundering.
Police in Vietnam have arrested eight people in relation to the case. Although local authorities did not reveal their identities, they are suspected of being part of a ring responsible for smuggling Vietnamese people to Britain, The Guardian reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The EC Allocates €3.8 Billion to the Western Balkans and the EU's Eastern and Southern Neighbors
- » Afghanistan Releases 100 Taliban Prisoners from Jail
- » WHO: Now is not the Time for Europe to Relax Measures
- » US Registers nearly 2,000 COVID-19 Deaths Per Day, New York alone Surpassed Italy
- » A Large-Scale Fraud with the Order of 10 Million Masks in Germany
- » The Increase in the Number of COVID-19 Infected in Australia has Decreased Dramatically