President Rumen Radev Has Returned the Proposal to Appoint Ivan Geshev as Prosecutor General
Bulgarian President Rumen Radev has returned the proposal to appoint Ivan Geshev as Prosecutor General back to the Supreme Judicial Council, BNR reported.
The motive of the Bulgarian Head of State is that only one candidature has deprived the procedure of a competitive nature. The hallmark of a democratic state is the availability of alternatives to senior government positions, President Radev said. Electing a prosecutor is an act of high public importance and the way it is conducted should create trust, not doubts, the President added.
If the Council re-approved Geshev's nomination, the Head of State would be obliged to appoint him to the position.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » PM Borissov: It is Most Important to Protect our Medical Professionals, They Will Receive Bonus Remuneration
- » Valery Simeonov Was Elected Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly
- » President Rumen Radev with a Statement on the New Attorney General's Decree
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament Accepts the Resignations of Liliyana Pavlova and Volen Siderov
- » Protest Against the Election of Geshev as Chief Prosecutor
- » The 1st Television Interview of Ivan Geshev After His Election as Chief Public Prosecutor