President Rumen Radev Has Returned the Proposal to Appoint Ivan Geshev as Prosecutor General
Bulgarian President Rumen Radev has returned the proposal to appoint Ivan Geshev as Prosecutor General back to the Supreme Judicial Council, BNR reported.
The motive of the Bulgarian Head of State is that only one candidature has deprived the procedure of a competitive nature. The hallmark of a democratic state is the availability of alternatives to senior government positions, President Radev said. Electing a prosecutor is an act of high public importance and the way it is conducted should create trust, not doubts, the President added.
If the Council re-approved Geshev's nomination, the Head of State would be obliged to appoint him to the position.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend