EC: London Must Name its EU Commissioner
President-elect Ursula von der Leyen expects UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson to submit his candidacy for EU commissioner.
This is necessary because the United Kingdom is still a full member of the European Union, said EC spokeswoman Mina Andreeva, quoted by ITAR TASS.
The UK, which received a third Brexit postponement by 31 January 2020, is also due to send a representative to the European Commission for the next few months.
- » Johnson: After Brexit, EU Citizens Will Be Treated Like Migrants from other Countries
- » The EU Is Launching a Lawsuit against the UK for Refusing to Nominate a Commissioner-Designate
- » Donald Tusk: UK Will Become a "Second-Rate Player" after Brexit
- » The EU Is Stepping up its Defense and Security Efforts
- » Erdogan: Turkey Could Suspend EU Membership Talks
- » Belarus Must Abolish the Death Penalty in order to Become a Member of the European Council