15 People Were Killed in an Attack in Thailand
Fifteen people were killed and four were injured in an attack in southern Thailand, a spokesman for the Ministry of Defense said.
An unknown number of assailants, armed with grenades and rifles, stormed a village in southern Yala province last night.
A regional security chief told Reuters that the attack was carried out by separatists. According to him, this is one of the bloodiest attacks in recent times.
Thailand's three southernmost provinces have been affected by a secessionist rebel movement that has claimed the lives of about 7,000 people since 2004.
- » Two Planes Crashed at Frankfurt Airport
- » At Least 13 People Have Died in a Severe Crash in Slovakia
- » 16 Killed in Train Crash in Bangladesh
- » Blast in Germany: Dozens of People Have Been Blocked Underground, there Are Injured
- » At Least Five Killed in an Earthquake in Iran, Many Are Injured
- » London Piccadilly Theatre Ceiling Collapsed during a Performance (VIDEO)