A Volcano Erupted on an Island in Southeastern Japan
A volcano erupted on Satsuma-Iojima Island in southeastern Japan, Reuters and TASS reported, citing the Japan’s Meteorological Agency.
No damage to the island in Kagoshima Prefecture was reported.
Locals have been warned not to approach the volcano. There is a village with about a hundred inhabitants about 2.5 kilometres from the volcano.
The eruption occurred at around 5:35 p.m. on Saturday.
- » Weather Forecast: Cloudy and Rainy
- » Strong Earthquake on the Border between Thailand and Laos
- » NIMH: Code Yellow Warning for Heavy Rain in Place for Three Bulgarian Regions
- » NIMH: Mostly Cloudy and Rainy
- » Due to Heavy Rain - Risk of Flooding in Catchment Basin of Mesta River
- » Space Debris Is a Problem for Satellites