BNR: Russian Spy Had Tried to Recruit Director of Bulgarian State Service
A Russian spy expelled from Bulgaria has tried to recruit a director of a Bulgarian service with access to classified information, Prime Minister Boyko Borissov said in an interview with BTV. According to PM Borissov, the Bulgarian employee himself informed him of the attempt for recruitment, after which appropriate actions were taken by Bulgarian authorities, BNR reported
It should be recalled that the Russian diplomat accused of espionage in Sofia has already been declared a persona non grata. Refusing to comment on the case, Russian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova said the principle of reciprocity remained valid in diplomacy.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The President: Bulgaria has every Chance to join Schengen next year, let's not Politicize the Topic
- » From 8 am to 12 pm: Borissov changed his position on the Paper Ballots 3 times
- » "We Continue the Change", BSP and "Democratic Bulgaria" will not support a GERB mandate
- » Bulgaria: Protest blocked the Russian Ambassador and the Russian Metropolitan in Sofia
- » World Media claim that Refugees were Shot at Bulgaria’s Border – Interior Ministry Denies
- » Bulgaria is ready for Retaliatory Measures in the event of a Schengen Veto from the Netherlands and Austria