Jean-Claude Juncker Must Undergo Surgery
On November 11, European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker will undergo surgery for the treatment of aneurysms, according to his spokeswoman Mina Andreeva, confirming information from France's press obtained from Juncker's surroundings.
According to the President's relatives, it is an abdominal aortic aneurysm.
In August, 64-year-old Juncker underwent emergency gallbladder surgery.
Andreeva specified that while he is in hospital, his duties will be fulfilled by the first Vice-President of the European Commission, Frans Timmermans.
- » More than 140,000 People Died from Measles Globally Last Year
- » More than 75% of Households Have Internet Access
- » FAO: Jump in Global Food Prices
- » Germans to Open IT Hub in Sofia
- » Gas Explosion in a Residential Building in Slovakia, there Are Casualties
- » Death Toll from a Migrant Boat Capsizing Off Mauritania Rises to 63