Bulgaria Celebrates the Day of the Bulgarian National Revival Leaders
Today Bulgaria celebrates the Day of the Bulgarian National Revival Leaders. This day pays tribute to the writers, enlighteners, fighters for national liberation who have preserved the spiritual values of the nation and its morals for centuries
The day was first celebrated in Plovdiv in 1909. On this day the Orthodox Church pays tribute to the patron of the Bulgarian people, St. Ivan Rilski. On the Day of National Enlighteners we honour the work of all enlighteners, revival leaders and fighters for Bulgaria’s spiritual independence. The day was officially included into the national holiday calendar in 1922. In 1945, the celebration was abolished by the communist regime. The tradition was resumed in 1992 at the initiative of Prof. Petar Konstantinov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Apollonia Arts Festival - 1-6 September, Sozopol
- » Burgas Sand Sculptures Festival: Fairy Tales and Film Characters
- » June 25, Bulgaria: Sofia Film Fest Begins
- » Sofia Opera with Performances at Pacharevo Lake
- » Open-Air Art Installation from Bulgarian Letters in Berlin
- » Bloomsday 2020 Becomes Virtual and Sofia Becomes Dublin in One Day