Greta Thunberg Refused to Receive an Environmental Award
Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg has refused to accept an environmental award.
The girl said that the climate movement needed no rewards, and that people in power need to begin to "listen to science not awards” Her representative also confirmed that Thunberg would not accept the 46,800 euro prize.
“The climate movement does not need any more awards,” she wrote.
“What we need is for our politicians and the people in power start to listen to the current, best available science.”, Thunberg wrote in an Instagram post.
The young activist had to receive the award from the Nordic Council, the regional body for inter-parliamentary cooperation in the Scandinavian countries.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Public Heating in Sofia Will Start on Wednesday
- » Two Teachers from Northeastern Bulgaria Lost the Battle with COVID-19
- » Tightened COVID-19 Measures in Several Bulgarian Cities
- » Bulgaria: Sofia Regional Health Inspectorate's Director Resigns
- » Schools Can Move To Remote Learning in Bulgaria
- » COVID-19 in Sofia: Emergency Medical Aid is Fully Mobilized