The Fire in the Balkan Mountains near Chiprovtsi Was Extinguished
After a 3-day firefight, the fire in the Chiprovtsi Balkan is extinguished. The fire is also localized in the Serbian part of the Balkan Mountains, but the situation there remains worrying.
The director of the Directorate "Fire Safety and Protection of the Population" - Chief Commissioner Nikolay Nikolov announced the good news about the extinguishing of the fire in the Balkan Mountains.
It is estimated that, although a large area in Bulgaria has been affected, the damage is not huge, because the fire burned mostly tall bushes and dry grasses. The fire is also localized in Serbia, but the situation there remains worrying due to high temperatures and strong winds. For over 3 days, over 200 people have been fighting the firestorm. Serbian news agencies said that Bulgaria’s western neighbour has asked for help from Russia as well. Bulgarian authorities are also in constant contact with Belgrade.
- » Teams of the Sofia Inspectorate Have Carried Out Inspections of Sources of Air Pollution
- » 4.5 Magnitude Earthquake Registered in Crete
- » Weather Forecast: Foggy in Plains and Valleys before Noon, Mostly Sunny in other Areas
- » Weather Forecast: Sunny but Cold
- » What We Need to Do in order to Get Europe Back on Track to Achieve its 2030 and 2050 Goals?
- » The EU Won't Be Able to Meet its Environmental Targets by 2020