Bulgarians Celebrate Women's Day March 8th
Women are congratulated with "Chestit Praznik" (Happy Holiday in Bulgarian).
International Women's Day (8th March) is an occasion marked by women's groups around the world. This date is also commemorated at the United Nations and is designated in many countries as a national holiday.
The idea of an International Women's Day first arose at the turn of the century. It was first celebrated in Bulgaria in 1914.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Nearly 2,000 infected with COVID-19 in Romania
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot on the First Day of Autumn
- » Bulgaria: Helicopter Crash with One Dead
- » Today marks 115 Years since Bulgaria’s Independence
- » Bulgaria received 80,640 Doses of the New Vaccine against COVID-19
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 143 New Cases in the Last 24 hours