Von der Leyen Approved the New Candidates for EU Commissioners of France and Hungary
The next President of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyen, has approved the candidates for the European Commissioners of France and Hungary Thierry Breton and Oliver Varhelyi. This was announced today by EC spokesman Mina Andreeva, quoted by BNR.
Von der Leyen conducted the two interviews last night.
She also sent a letter to Romania, highlighting the urgency of the country to nominate a new commissioner.
Romania is currently the only member country that has not nominated its candidate for the next European Commission.
At the end of September, MEPs rejected, Laszlo Trocsanyi, due to conflict of interest accusations related to his former law office, and Rovana Plumb.
In October, this happened with French candidate Sylvie Goulard.
In an angry reaction, Paris then warned that the EP decision would lead to an institutional crisis.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » European Commission: 70% of EU Citizens Vaccinated
- » France Introduces New Measures: Covid Passport to enter Cinemas, Museums, Matches
- » EC Annual Report on Bulgaria: Unlimited Powers of Prosecutor General Is still Issue
- » Europe Remains Suspicious about Electronic Cigarettes
- » EU Reveales Target for Green Deal by 2030
- » Thousands of Anti-Vaccine Demonstrators Protested in Greece