Turkey Won't Give Up on the Gas near Cyprus
Turkey's drillships and seismic research vessels will not leave Cypriot waters unless Nicosia includes Turkish Cypriots in its decision-making concerning hydrocarbon exploration. This was stated by Turkish Ambassador to Greece Burak Ozugergin, quoted by Kathimerini.
Two Turkish ships are currently conducting studies in the waters off Cyprus.
This is also part of the Cypriot Exclusive Economic Zone. The international community is already calling on the Turkish representatives to overturn their actions.
In addition to the Turkish member of the two ships, he will be nominated to the Turkish continental shelf.
Burak Ozugergin claimed that the drillships Fatih and Yavuz are in fact in Turkey's continental shelf and not Cyprus', adding that the “final maritime boundaries” cannot be settled for the island-state without a “political settlement.” Ekathimerini reported.
The envoy stated that the Turkish Cypriots also had the right to access to the rich wealth of the island.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Referendum In Russia: Putin is Allowed To Remain President Until 2036
- » 50,000 New Cases of COVID-19 in US, Trump: I Fully Support the Masks. I Think They Work
- » New Zealand's Health Minister Resignes After Breaches of Lockdown Rules
- » UK Restarts Tourism on July 4
- » Covid-19: Infection in USA is Getting Worse
- » Another Black Man Killed by the Police in America Sparks New Wave of Protests