UNESCO Creates Russian Analogue of the Nobel Prize
The Executive Board of UNESCO established the creation of a new award in the name of Dmitri Mendeleev. The initiative was proposed by Russia, which is also its co-author, RIA Novosti reported.
The prize will be $ 250,000 and will be awarded annually to two winners. The award will be awarded for "revolutionary breakthroughs" in the natural sciences - biology, chemistry, physics, as well as mathematics.
The proposal to create the new prize was made by Russian Prime Minister Dmitri Mendeleev.
The Executive Board of the organization supported the idea without a vote. This is becoming the largest science award under UNESCO auspices.
Its first service will be held next year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 10: Mostly Sunny Today, Temperatures Up to 34 Degrees
- » Anti-Record: 330 Newly Registered Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Marks the 170th Anniversary of the Birth of Ivan Vazov
- » Bulgarian Ministry of Education: Three Scenarios For Starting The New School Year
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 9: Sunny and Hot, Temperatures Up to 33 Degrees
- » Daily Record: 240 New Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria, 6342 Total