About 5,000 Bulgarian Students Go to WAT Programs in the US Each Year
About 5,000 Bulgarian youth go to student work and travel programs each year in the United States of America, and interest in working in the country remains high.
Pay per hour work for students in the United States ranges from $ 9 to $ 13. The average is 11. More money is earned in positions such as receptionist, waiter, bartender, where better command of English is required. Best paid are those willing to work in New York, Massachusetts, Colorado, Alaska.
Before going to the this program, young people must have prepared 5000 - 6000 BGN for the program fee, the interview for the visa, and the plane tickets.
Elisa Kirkorova - a representative of a leading student brigade company in Bulgaria, said that students return with about $ 3,000 - $ 4,000 saved money if they don't spend a lot in the US. However, most students choose to spend the savings on trips to interesting destinations in the US and other countries such as Mexico and Canada.
During the Student Work and Travel Program event in Sofia today, young people showed interest in different states and jobs.
- » 485 Confirmed Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria, 14 People Died
- » Technomarket Donates BGN 100,000 to Fight Coronavirus
- » Google to Publish Location Data in Order to Allow Governments to Evaluate the Effectiveness of the COVID-19 Measures
- » Sofia Marks 141 Years Since Its Proclamation as Capital of Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria to Sign Two Contracts with China for the Supply of Medicines for the Treatment of COVID-19
- » About 30 Antiviral Drugs are being Tested for the Treatment of COVID-19