39 Bodies Were Found in Lorry Container Arriving from Bulgaria to the UK
A truck with 39 bodies was found in Essex, southeast England. The driver, who is a 25-year-old man from Northern Ireland, was arrested.
"We have arrested the lorry driver in connection with the incident, who remains in police custody as our inquiries continue," Ch Supt Andrew Marine said.
Early indications are that 38 adults and one teenager have died, the force said, reported by BBC.
The victims are yet to be identified.
Authorities believe the truck arrived from Bulgaria and entered the United Kingdom on October 19 through Holyhead, North Wales.
The authorities are investigating the tragedy.
- » Three People Were Killed and One Was Injured in a Shooting in Istanbul
- » More than a Tonne of Cocaine Was Found in a Banana Container in Italy
- » The Special Prosecutor’s Office Has Brought Charges against Three Persons Involved in an Organised Crime Group for Trafficking of Women
- » London Police Released 29 Romanian Women who Were Forced to Prostitute
- » Turkey Returns 11 French Jihadists to Paris
- » More than 1 Tonne of Cocaine Is Washing Up on the Atlantic Coast of France