New Privileges for the Owners of Electric Cars in the UK
Scheme for imposing electric vehicles provides a number of reliefs for their owners, Daily Mail writes. Electric cars will have special, green license plates. Cars with these numbers will have the right to cheaper or free parking and to drive in bus lanes.
Organizing traffic and parking is responsibility of the municipalities, but the state is setting aside £ 1.5 billion to encourage city governments to introduce the new rules.
The measures are inspired by new rules introduced by the Canadian state of Ontario. There, electric vehicle owners were allowed to use the highways without paying tolls, and to move in lanes intended for multi-passenger vehicles. This has led to a significant jump in the sale of electric vehicles.
Opponents of the scheme warn that the special regime for electric car owners can lead to separation in the society and resentment of owners of traditional cars that cannot afford the high initial cost of electric cars.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Minister of Health: Bulgaria Ranks 8th in Mortality from COVID-19 in Europe
- » Mass Inspections for Wearing Masks in Public Transport in Bulgaria
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Summer Returns on Weekends, Temp Up to 30 Degrees
- » Protests in Bulgaria: Main Topic - Report of the European Commission on the Rule of Law
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 286 Newly Registered Cases, 12 Died
- » Bulgaria's Minister of Health Introduces Three New Orders for the Emergency Epidemic Situation