33 Bulgarian Women Were Killed by a Family Member or Intimate Partner in 2018
Bulgaria has a low proportion of reports of domestic violence and women should be encouraged to report such cases, United Nations Special Rapporteur on violence against women Dubravka Šimonovic said at a press conference, BNR reported.
According to her, we have been witnessing tolerance and insensitivity to violence against women. Šimonovic called on Bulgaria to create a new comprehensive national plan for action against violence against all women and girls, moreover that according to statistics of the UN, 33 Bulgarian women were killed by a family member or intimate partner in 2018.
Šimonovic has also called on Bulgaria to review its decision on the Istanbul Convention and to adopt it, because she believed that this was the country's way towards adopting the UN Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women.
- » Three People Were Killed and One Was Injured in a Shooting in Istanbul
- » More than a Tonne of Cocaine Was Found in a Banana Container in Italy
- » The Special Prosecutor’s Office Has Brought Charges against Three Persons Involved in an Organised Crime Group for Trafficking of Women
- » London Police Released 29 Romanian Women who Were Forced to Prostitute
- » Turkey Returns 11 French Jihadists to Paris
- » More than 1 Tonne of Cocaine Is Washing Up on the Atlantic Coast of France