33 Bulgarian Women Were Killed by a Family Member or Intimate Partner in 2018
Bulgaria has a low proportion of reports of domestic violence and women should be encouraged to report such cases, United Nations Special Rapporteur on violence against women Dubravka Šimonovic said at a press conference, BNR reported.
According to her, we have been witnessing tolerance and insensitivity to violence against women. Šimonovic called on Bulgaria to create a new comprehensive national plan for action against violence against all women and girls, moreover that according to statistics of the UN, 33 Bulgarian women were killed by a family member or intimate partner in 2018.
Šimonovic has also called on Bulgaria to review its decision on the Istanbul Convention and to adopt it, because she believed that this was the country's way towards adopting the UN Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor Ivan Geshev: An Inspection of the Minister of Culture Has Been Appointed
- » SP's Office Summons PM Borissov over the Bobokov Investigation
- » Bulgarian Commandos Arrested Bozhkov's Security Chief
- » Bulgarian of Syrian Descent Arrested in Bourgas for Terrorism
- » Bulgaria: Anti-Corruption Commission with Claims for BGN 140 Million Against Minyu and Stayko Staykovi
- » Bulgaria: Former Ministers Simeon Dyankov, Traicho Traikov and Businessman Prokopiev Acquitted in EVN Case