Stoltenberg: We Look Forward to Northern Macedonia Joining NATO
NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg has announced on Twitter that he has spoken with Macedonian Prime Minister Zoran Zaev over the phone to reaffirm the Alliance's commitment to Northern Macedonia's membership.
"A good phone call with Prime Minister Zoran Zaev to confirm NATO's commitment to Northern Macedonia's membership. The ratification process is ongoing and we expect Northern Macedonia to join our Alliance soon," Stoltenberg said.
Good phone call with PM @Zoran_Zaev to reaffirm # NATO's commitment to North Macedonia's accession. The ratification process is well on track & I look forward to North Macedonia joining our Alliance soon.
The Skopje government press service announced that Prime Minister Zaev and the NATO secretary-general had exchanged telephone comments on the European Union's decision to postpone the start of the RS accession talks for EU membership.
Zaev thanked in a conversation about NATO support for northern Macedonia's Euro-Atlantic integration and stressed that Skopje remains committed to completing the process of full membership of the Pact.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Covid-19: Serbia Closes Shops, Bars and Restaurants After Sharp Increase of Cases
- » The Early Elections in Northern Macedonia Will Be on April 12th
- » Erdogan Threatens EU to Open Borders to Refugees
- » Northern Macedonia is Expected to Receive the Green Light to Begin EU Accession Talks
- » Turkey Sells Two of Its Islands
- » Athens Blamed Ankara For the Migrant Crisis