6.4 Magnitude Earthquake on the Richter Scale Registered in Vanuatu
A 6.3-magnitude earthquake shook the Pacific island state of Vanuatu, according to the US Geological Survey, cited by Reuters.
There are no data on casualties or damages. The epicentre of the quake was about 58 km north of Isangel. The depth was 226 km below the seabed.
According to the Euro-Mediterranean Seismological Center, cited by TASS, the earthquake was 6.2 magnitude on the Richter scale, at a depth of 286 km.
No tsunami threat has been issued.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny, Temperatures Up to 29 °
- » Nature Astronomy: Possible Marker of Life Spotted on Venus
- » Weather in Bulgaria: The Week Starts with Summer and Ends with Autumn Temperatures
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Hot Weekend, Temperatures Up to 32 °
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm Friday
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Quiet and Sunny Weekend