Christine Lagarde Was Endorsed by EU Leaders as the Next ECB President
Christine Lagarde was endorsed by EU leaders as the next President of the European Central Bank (ECB).
The European Council endorsed Christine Lagarde as President of the ECB. She will replace the now former ECB President Mario Draghi from 1 November.
Earlier, her candidacy was endorsed by The European Parliament and the Council of the EU.
The European Central Bank was established in 1998 in order to guarantee the financial stability and coordination of the monetary policy of the euro area countries.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Trump Threatens to Deploy the US MiIitary if "Violent Protests" Continue
- » Michel Barnier Accused Boris Johnson of Not Keeping His Promises
- » Islamic State: The Coronavirus Pandemic is a Punishment for Our Enemies
- » First Private Astronauts Postponed Their Flight with Space X Due to the Bad Weather Conditions
- » A New Spacecraft Will be Launched Towards Mars This Summer
- » Another Dark Week in Brazil - total number of cases over 374,800