Bulgarian Warships Depart for NATO Missions
Two Bulgarian ships depart for NATO missions at Atia Naval Base. They were sent out today with a solemn ritual.
With more than 140 crew, the "Verni" frigate is leaving for a month-long involvement in NATO's Mediterranean Maritime Security Operation Sea Guardian. Fleet commander of battleships and auxiliary ships is Fleet Admiral Malencho Benkov.
The objectives of the mission were stated by Captain Teodor Kabakov:
"To highlight the maritime situation in the Mediterranean region in order to identify signs of trafficking and terrorism."
The base mine sweeper "Kval" was also sent with a ceremony today. It will be part of NATO's Standing Mine Countermeasures Group, heading to Constanta and Odessa. Representatives of NATO's political leadership will visit the Ukrainian port.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 232 Newly Registered Cases on July 26, 6 Deaths
- » The Weather Today - July 16th
- » First Vaccine for Coronavirus Tested in the US with Promising Results
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria is Prolonging to July 31
- » Bulgarian Wrestler Nikolay Shterev, Infected with COVID-19, Dies at 33
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 15: Mostly Sunny Today