387 Bulgarians Became Victims of Trafficking since the Beginning of the Year - Most of Them - Women
387 Bulgarians became victims of trafficking for the first 9 months of 2019. 258 of them were women, trafficked for sexual exploitation and 56 for forced labor. 51 are pregnant women sent abroad to sell their babies.
The National Anti-Trafficking Commission said today that every year victims of trafficking are between 450 and 500 people, as nearly 87% of them are women.
The data was announced by the secretary of he National Anti-Trafficking Commission Kamelia Dimitrova on the occasion of 18 October - the European Day for Combating Trafficking in Human Beings.
However, the trafficking of minors is decreasing.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Four Dead in Attack Against German Clinic
- » Bulgaria: Daring Robbery on Struma Highway in Pernik Region
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski