387 Bulgarians Became Victims of Trafficking since the Beginning of the Year - Most of Them - Women
387 Bulgarians became victims of trafficking for the first 9 months of 2019. 258 of them were women, trafficked for sexual exploitation and 56 for forced labor. 51 are pregnant women sent abroad to sell their babies.
The National Anti-Trafficking Commission said today that every year victims of trafficking are between 450 and 500 people, as nearly 87% of them are women.
The data was announced by the secretary of he National Anti-Trafficking Commission Kamelia Dimitrova on the occasion of 18 October - the European Day for Combating Trafficking in Human Beings.
However, the trafficking of minors is decreasing.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 1 Tonne of Cocaine destined for Bulgaria was seized in Colombia
- » Bulgarian Prosecution accuses GDFOC of Unprecedented Pressure on the “Hemus” Investigation
- » Double Homicide in Varna
- » A 17-year-old Bulgarian was Killed in a Shootout in Copenhagen
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven