EU Leaders Approve Brexit Deal
EU leaders have failed to agree to launch accession talks with northern Macedonia and Albania. A major opponent of this idea is French President President Emmanuel Macron. He urges the Community to reform its membership rules before the accession of new Member States. Leaders are expected to try again on Friday to persuade Macron that Brussels should respect the efforts of Skopje and Tirana.
The Netherlands and Denmark are against pre-accession talks with Tirana.
Turkey's actions in Syria were condemned, and consensus was reached on Brexit. The EU budget until 2027 and the composition of the new European Commission will be on the agenda today.
- » The SJC will Revote Ivan Geshev's Nomination for Bulgaria’s Chief Prosecutor on Thursday
- » US President Donald Trump Will Receive PM Boyko Borissov at the White House on November 25, 2019
- » PM Borissov: The Construction of the Greece-Bulgaria Interconnector Is a Priority of the Government
- » New Commissioners-Designate Candidates Hearings’ Will Take Place on 14 November
- » The Game of Envoys: Are the EU and the US Taking the Western Balkans more Seriously?
- » Rumen Radev:The Expertise of the Venice Commission Should Contribute to Implementing the European Democratic Practices in Bulgarian Legislation