Next Week Erdogan Will Meet with Putin in Russia
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan will go to Russia on October 22 to meet with his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin, the Turkish presidency announced.
The meeting will be in the resort city of Sochi, after which, the same day, Erdogan will return to Turkey.
The announcement of the meeting comes a week after Turkey launched a military offensive in northeastern Syria against the Kurdish People's Defense Force. These militias are supported by Western countries but are considered terrorists from Ankara.
Feeling abandoned by the US, following the withdrawal of US troops from the area into which Turkey invaded, the Kurds signed an agreement with the Damascus regime with Moscow's support, which led to the deployment of Syrian troops in the northern part of the country.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria, Valeri Simeonov: The Government Remains, And So Does the Prime Minister
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov: I Am Ready to Step Down at Any Moment
- » Bulgaria Versus EU: Decent Economy but Poor Quality of Life
- » Former British Minister Arrested on Saturday for Alleged Rape
- » Another 1,000 US Troops to be Send to Poland
- » US Troops to be Send to Bulgaria and Romania