UN: Danger of Jihadist Prisoners Spread in Syria
The UN Security Council warned in a unanimous statement about the risk of "dispersal" of jihadist prisoners in Syria, but did not call for an end to Turkey's offensive against Kurdish forces there.
"Security Council members have expressed deep concern about the risks of terrorist spreading by UN-designated groups, including the Islamic State," the statement said.
All 15 Council members, including Russia, a key player in the conflict, have declared themselves "very concerned about the further deterioration of the humanitarian situation" in Northeast Syria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ukraine with a New Anti-record for Deaths Caused by COVID-19
- » For the Serbian Patriarch, North Macedonia does not exist
- » COVID-19: 4 Months "Home Regime" for Unvaccinated over 60 years and Chronically ill in Moscow
- » UN Torture Prevention Body to Visit Bulgaria
- » Warsaw: We will Not Comply with the EU Declaration of the Rule of Law
- » European Leaders Attacked Poland at a Summit in Brussels