20 Ancient Coffins Found in Egypt
The Egyptian Ministry of Cultural Affairs has announced that archaeologists have encountered at least 20 ancient wooden coffins in Assasif district on the west bank of the Nile River in Luxor, Egypt, the Associated Press reported.
The coffins were discovered in the Assasif necropolis. It includes graves from the Middle, New Kingdom of Egypt and from 1994 to 332 BC.
The ministry said the findings were among the largest and most significant in recent years.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Unearth Unique City of Dead at Perpericon
- » Historical Discovery: America was Reached by Humans 7,000 years ago
- » First Farmers of Europe Found in the Balkans Date to 5th Millennium BC
- » New Archeological Findings at Bulgaria’s Perperikon
- » Ancient City over 3,000 Years Old Discovered in Egypt
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Unearth Another Medieval Settlement