20 Ancient Coffins Found in Egypt
The Egyptian Ministry of Cultural Affairs has announced that archaeologists have encountered at least 20 ancient wooden coffins in Assasif district on the west bank of the Nile River in Luxor, Egypt, the Associated Press reported.
The coffins were discovered in the Assasif necropolis. It includes graves from the Middle, New Kingdom of Egypt and from 1994 to 332 BC.
The ministry said the findings were among the largest and most significant in recent years.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Huge Neolithic Circle of Shafts Found Near Stonehenge
- » Archaeologist Arrested for Faking Staggering Discoveries
- » The Oldest Homo Sapiens In Europe Found in a Bulgarian Cave
- » Scientists Have Discovered a New Kind of Dinosaur
- » Scientists Found Fossils of Flying Dinosaurs
- » Archeologists Discovered Three 3500-Year-Old Wooden Colourful Coffins in Egypt