20 Ancient Coffins Found in Egypt
The Egyptian Ministry of Cultural Affairs has announced that archaeologists have encountered at least 20 ancient wooden coffins in Assasif district on the west bank of the Nile River in Luxor, Egypt, the Associated Press reported.
The coffins were discovered in the Assasif necropolis. It includes graves from the Middle, New Kingdom of Egypt and from 1994 to 332 BC.
The ministry said the findings were among the largest and most significant in recent years.
- » Scientists Have Discovered a New Kind of Dinosaur
- » Scientists Found Fossils of Flying Dinosaurs
- » Archeologists Discovered Three 3500-Year-Old Wooden Colourful Coffins in Egypt
- » Scientists Have Discovered Prehistoric Mammoth Traps in Mexico (PHOTO)
- » BGN 86 Thousand Allocated for Archaeological Survey along the Europe Highway
- » Scientists Have Discovered Skull of an Arctic Unicorn