No Breakthrough in EU-UK Brexit Negotiations - Talks Continue Today
Negotiations between the European Union and the UK on Brexit continued throughout the night, but no breakthrough was achieved. The two sides will seek a compromise today, ahead of the EU summit tomorrow and for the second time, the AP reported.
"The discussions continued until late in the the night and will continue today," said a European representative, who requested anonymity.
The two sides hope that a divorce agreement can be reached in the coming hours after more than three years of false starts and sudden turnovers, the AP notes.
EU leaders gather tomorrow - just two weeks before the UK's planned exit from the union on October 31st.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » European Commission Signs Contract with Gilead to Secure EU Access to Remdesivir
- » Belgium, Greece, Germany and Austria Tighten Measures Against the Coronavirus
- » Michel Barnier Accused Boris Johnson of Not Keeping His Promises
- » Brussels warns: Coronavirus Pandemic Threatens the Future of the Eurozone
- » Heads of EU and Western Balkans Countries will Meet Virtually
- » The EC Raised 7,4 Billion Euros to Develop a COVID-19 Vaccine