Bulgaria Faces a Serious Penalty by UEFA
The Bulgarian government on October 15 demanded the resignation of the President of the Bulgarian Football Union Borislav Mihailov. This happened hours after the Bulgaria-England football match, which was halted twice because of racist chantings at Vasil Levski Stadium last night. The Bulgarian national team lost 0:6. The match was part of the qualifications for the 2020 European Championship.
By 1 o'clock last night, a total of 10 people - foreign and Bulgarian nationals - were arrested. Nine fans from both teams were returned from the stadium entrances for alcohol use. Of the 10 detainees, 6 were detrained for not having identity documents with them, 3 for hooliganism, and one for refusing to comply with a police order.
The match has come under the sign of racist scandals, with Bulgaria facing a serious penalty by UEFA.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Weekend with Summer Temperatures up to 35 Degrees
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 174 Newly Registered Cases, 14243 Total
- » European Commission: First Agreement on a Potential Vaccine Against COVID-19
- » Bulgaria: Deputy Director of Pazardzhik Police Dies of COVID-19 Infection
- » Protests in Bulgaria: “Protecting democracy!” is the Motto of 37th Day of Anti-Government Protests
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 176 Newly Registered Cases in 5877 PCR Tests