Nepal and China Will Measure the Exact Height of Mount Everest
Nepal and China have agreed to jointly accurately re-measure the highest peak on the planet, Everest, which is located at the border between the two countries.
An agreement on joint peak measurement was reached during a visit to Nepal by Chinese President Xi Jinping on October 12 and 13.
“Recognising that Mount Sagarmatha /Zhumulangma is an eternal symbol of the friendship between Nepal and China, the two sides will promote cooperation in different fields, including addressing climate change and protecting the environment,” a joint assertion issued by the 2 governments on Sunday mentioned.
“They will jointly announce the height of the Mount Sagarmatha/Zhumulangma and conduct scientific researches,” the assertion mentioned, utilizing the Nepalese and Tibetan names of Mount Everest, Herald Publicist reported.
Earlier, in 2017, India also expressed its willingness to assist Nepal in accurately measuring the height of Everest.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Croatian Minister: The President Embarrassed us in front of Bulgaria and Ukraine
- » Biden-Zelensky Conversation did Not go Well
- » NATO is considering Deploying Troops in Slovakia
- » US: NATO will Not Close Out for Ukraine – Possible Blockade of Nord Stream 2
- » Russia and Ukraine have Agreed to Abide by the Ceasefire
- » China has Informed the US it does Not Want Escalation of Tensions over Ukraine