Nepal and China Will Measure the Exact Height of Mount Everest
Nepal and China have agreed to jointly accurately re-measure the highest peak on the planet, Everest, which is located at the border between the two countries.
An agreement on joint peak measurement was reached during a visit to Nepal by Chinese President Xi Jinping on October 12 and 13.
“Recognising that Mount Sagarmatha /Zhumulangma is an eternal symbol of the friendship between Nepal and China, the two sides will promote cooperation in different fields, including addressing climate change and protecting the environment,” a joint assertion issued by the 2 governments on Sunday mentioned.
“They will jointly announce the height of the Mount Sagarmatha/Zhumulangma and conduct scientific researches,” the assertion mentioned, utilizing the Nepalese and Tibetan names of Mount Everest, Herald Publicist reported.
Earlier, in 2017, India also expressed its willingness to assist Nepal in accurately measuring the height of Everest.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Referendum In Russia: Putin is Allowed To Remain President Until 2036
- » 50,000 New Cases of COVID-19 in US, Trump: I Fully Support the Masks. I Think They Work
- » New Zealand's Health Minister Resignes After Breaches of Lockdown Rules
- » UK Restarts Tourism on July 4
- » Covid-19: Infection in USA is Getting Worse
- » Another Black Man Killed by the Police in America Sparks New Wave of Protests