Two Writers Have Won the Prestigious Booker Prize for 2019
For the first time, two people have won the prestigious Booker Prize.
For the best English-language novel, Margaret Atwood for Covenants and Bernardine Evaristo for Girl, Woman, Other were honored. The two ladies will each split 50,000 pounds.
Evaristo is the first black to win the award. Her novel, Girl, Woman, Other, tells the story of 12 people, mostly women and black people, between the ages of 19 and 93.
The Booker prize has been split twice before: in 1974, by Nadine Gordimer and Stanley Middleton, and in 1992, by Michael Ondaatje and Barry Unsworth. After 1992, the rules were changed to insist that the prize “may not be divided or withheld”.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 2668 Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria, 41 New Cases
- » The Weather Today in Bulgaria - June 6th
- » Big Number of Coronavirus Infections in North Macedonia and Serbia
- » Worldwide Record - Last Month Was the Hottest May
- » Protests Against Children's Sexual Harassement in Albania
- » 1,690 Decares of Forests in Bulgaria Are Placed Under Protection