Handelsblatt: Merkel Will Allow Huawei to Supply Components for the Entire German 5G Network
The German government has decided to allow Chinese technology giant Huawei to supply components for the entire German 5G network, business daily Handelsblatt reported today, citing informed sources.
The decision, taken after months of debate, is expected to be announced in the coming days.
The latest draft on security requirements for telecommunication networks does not include a clause restricting Huawei's market access, although it was initially discussed, BTA reported.
The Office of the Chancery did not allow a drastic revision of the document. Chancellor Angela Merkel fears straining relations with China, according to government sources, even though Berlin opposes warnings from the US government that Huawei is an uncontrollable risk, Handelsblatt notes.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 171 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia warns the US of Severing Relations if Declared Sponsor of Terrorism
- » A Man Killed 11 People after a Family Dispute in Montenegro
- » Day 170 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Children with Disabilities are Abused in Ukrainian Orphanages according to the UN
- » Estonia Closes its Borders for Russians with Schengen Visas
- » European Funds Minister: Bulgaria to Receive BGN 3.7 Billion in the Coming Months from the Recovery Plan
- » Day 169 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky called on his Compatriots under Russian Occupation to Rise Up