Rumen Radev: The EU Needs an Operational Plan in the Face of Increasing Migrant Pressure
In Athens, President Rumen Radev attends the 15th Summit of Heads of State of the Arraiolos group. The event is hosted by the Greek President. This year's forum is dedicated to migration pressure on Europe and the challenges of economic development.
The meeting takes place at a time of dynamic changes in the security environment, deep shifts in geopolitical layers, new challenges for the economy and the climate, so, according to President Radev, the overriding task is to ensure the security, stability and prosperity of Europe.
Bulgaria expects the new mandate of the European institutions to be devoted primarily to social, economic and educational cohesion and integration.
The EU must invest effectively in its unity, otherwise differences will continue to diverge us, which threatens the foundations of the European Union, the Bulgarian president said.
Participants in the meeting also discussed the need for enhanced security at the EU's external borders, reforms in the Dublin Agreement and a Single European Asylum Policy - measures that directly affect Bulgaria.
Rumen Radev, President of the Republic of Bulgaria: Europe needs faster decision-making mechanisms and flexible and comprehensive standards for their implementation. The EU needs an operational response plan in the event of a sharp increase in migrant pressure at the external borders, especially at land borders such as Bulgaria. A plan to ensure citizens' security and prevent humanitarian crises.
- » The New US Ambassador to Bulgaria Replaces Eric Rubin
- » Bulgaria and Cambodia May Activate their Relations
- » France Blocks the Start of EU Membership Talks with Skopje and Tirana
- » Bulgaria Opens Visa Centers in 16 Cities in India
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borissov on a Working Visit in Jordan
- » Bulgaria and Georgia Discussed the Implementation of the Agreement on the Regulation of Labor Migration