It is Possible For Bulgaria to Join the "Waiting Room" For the Euro Area by June 2020
Bulgaria can join the ERM II exchange rate mechanism in the first or second quarter of 2020. This was stated by the head of the European Banking Restructuring Council, Elke König. The leading institution in the process is the European Central Bank, with its response expected in mid-summer or early fall, BNR reports.
Elke König is the first high-ranking European representative to set new deadlines.
This means that Bulgarian banks will start contributing to the European Restructuring Fund, not the national one. It is this fund that is part of the council governed by König.
After Bulgaria joins the Eurozone waiting room and in close cooperation, the Elke Königh-led institution will approve the restructuring plans of the Bulgarian banks.
The existence of such plans is a mandatory procedure, considered a buffer in the event of a negative development.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's Deputy PM Tomislav Donchev and BICA Discuss How to Effective Invest EU Funds in the Bulgarian Economy
- » Bulgarian Fibank Increases Its Capital
- » NSSI Bulgaria: More than 2 Million Retirees with Increased Amount of Pensions
- » IMF's Kristalina Georgieva: Virus Crisis Could Ultimately Test $1 Trillion War Chest
- » Why Bulgarians Take Quick Loans?
- » Bulgaria: VAT for Restaurants, Books and Baby Goods Becomes 9% from July 1