Borisov: Nearly BGN 4 billion Will be Spent on Defense This Year
Prime Minister Boyko Borissov attended the ritual of taking a military oath by freshmen at the National Military University "V. Levski" in Veliko Turnovo.
"The government has allocated BGN 16 million to repair your buildings," the prime minister said. In his speech, he stressed that this year nearly BGN 4 billion will be spent on defense.
Boyko Borissov, Prime Minister: Expenditures that Bulgarian citizens have collected from their taxes. So you have to prepare, be very good, because you see the events in Syria, Kosovo, we will be good politicians if there is lasting peace. But it is always good to have the Bulgarian Army's deterrent force.
163 freshmen took part in the military oath, studying in 19 military specializations in the three faculties of the ,,Vasil Levski National University'' in the cities of Veliko Turnovo, Dolna Mitropolia and Shumen.
The university has opened a new military specialization - "Artillery Instrumental Intelligence" with civilian specialty "Geodesy".
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov and the Minister of Defense Attended the Celebration of the Plovdiv Garrison
- » See Which European Countries are Opening Their Borders Today
- » Turkey Declared 20 km Border near Bulgaria for a Prohibited Military Zone
- » Law Changes in Bulgaria: 3 Years of Imprisonment , Fine to 10,000 BGN for Anyone Who Violates Rules against COVID-19
- » Minister Karakachanov: The United States has Given Bulgaria $87 Million for Military Equipment
- » Expert: The NRA Data Leak Have Attracted the Attention of Hackers from around the World