Without Agreement at the UN Security Council on the Turkish Operation in Syria
The UN Security Council could not agree on Turkey's military actions in Syria.
In a joint statement, the European countries called on Turkey to "stop its unilateral hostilities" in Syria. However, the document did not receive the support of other members of the Security Council.
Russia called for restraint and direct dialogue. The United States has warned that it could have consequences for Turkey if it fails to protect its vulnerable population.
NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg called on Ankara, a member of the Alliance, to show restraint, adding that the Islamic State remains the common enemy in the region.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Referendum In Russia: Putin is Allowed To Remain President Until 2036
- » 50,000 New Cases of COVID-19 in US, Trump: I Fully Support the Masks. I Think They Work
- » New Zealand's Health Minister Resignes After Breaches of Lockdown Rules
- » UK Restarts Tourism on July 4
- » Covid-19: Infection in USA is Getting Worse
- » Another Black Man Killed by the Police in America Sparks New Wave of Protests