Opinion: There Are Three Versions of the Turkish Operation in Northern Syria
This is Ankara's third consecutive operation in northern Syria. They believe that this border should be "secure". International analyst Martin Tabakov said in BNT's Bloc. According to him, there are three stories about the operation of the Turkish army.
Subsequently, in these border regions, Erdogan wants to resettle Syrian refugees from Turkey so that the Kurdish-dominated region does not.
The third action is thanks to the "green light" by the United States. US troops left open airspace over northern Syria and withdrew from border areas, Tabakov said.
He added that US relations with the Kurds have been compromised since it is the Kurds who are a major force in the fight against the Islamic State. Russia may emerge as one of the mediators between the Kurds and Turkey in northern Syria. Moscow already plays such a role between Israel and Iran in southern Syria, Martin Tabakov said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Too Many Spies: "Ungrateful Bulgaria" in the Eyes of Russian Media
- » Will There Be a Second Wave of Coronavirus Infections?
- » Russians Watch the American Protests as Clouds Gather at Home, Ilya Klishin
- » Emil Harsev: Volkswagen Has Not Given Up on Turkey
- » Opinion: Bulgaria Needs to Take a Position on Syria
- » Why Bulgarians Want to Conserve Communist Monuments